Whatsoever Community Center History
"Whatsoever Community Center supports the growth and development of families, by providing a variety of programs for children, youth, and adults to build a solid foundation for life."
In 1915, the Whatsoever Circle, a women’s group of the Independence Boulevard Christian Church, established a soup kitchen in the basement of Erickson’s Café on Washington Park Boulevard (now Winner Road). The group soon realized the social needs of our community were greater than just hunger. Thus evolved Whatsoever Community Circle House. The organization grew out of the basement of the café into a house on Independence Avenue. The programs tailored to the hard-working families of the local industrial neighborhood. The continued growth of the mission and programs led Whatsoever to its current location in the Old Jackson School House. Our founders would be proud of the evolution of our programs to provide growth and stability for our local children, youth and families. We strive to foster a sense of community and a place for personal and family growth. Presently we offer services in Early Childhood Education, Youth Development and Family Growth. We believe in our families and Whatsoever we can do, we will do!